Simon & Schuster Canada is expanding their Publicity Department and is looking for an energetic and experienced individual to fill the role of Publicist.
* love books,
* have excellent written and oral communication skills,
* be organized,
* be a motivated self-starter who likes to work in a team environment,
* thrive under pressure,
* have a great sense of humour,
* have the ability to multi-task and handle a fast-paced environment,
* have a valid Ontario Driver's License
* be familiar with Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and Power Point programs
The position involves securing media coverage for our International authors, both Adult and Children's, including arranging all aspects of author tours, including events.
Reporting to the Director of Publicity, the Publicist will have at least one year experience in Publicity.
Please direct all resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 18th, 2008. No phone calls please.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.