We're expanding our talent pool.
Wanted: A Publicity and Promotions Specialist
The work is demanding. That's why it demands a multi-tasking dynamo. We’re seeking a publicity and promotions specialist who is well read and well organized, can work independently and set priorities, understands the media, and loves to talk about books and ideas and engage others in the conversation. The successful candidate will have a strong sense of initiative and enjoy the challenge and rewards of working with a fast-paced, creative team.
General Responsibilities include:
· Developing, planning and executing innovative and effective promotional campaigns
· Consulting with the publisher, editors, designers, authors and sales people
· Writing news releases, catalogue copy, advertising copy and text for a variety of promotional materials
· Planning and preparing materials for trade fairs and sales conferences, and representing the company at such events
· Maintaining good relations with book review media and other journalists
· Managing the publicity and promotions budget
· Supervising free-lance publicists as assigned
Candidates should also have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years work experience, or 5 years of experience in media or publicity/public relations. We’ll also be looking for someone with strong verbal and written communication skills, an understanding of MS Office applications, and experience in event planning. Some travel is required.
For a more complete job description, visit our website at www.gooselane.com.
Remuneration: $33,000 to $35,000 per annum.
Goose Lane also offers a comprehensive cost-shared health care/insurance package and a collaborative work environment.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the growing team at
Goose Lane Editions
Fax: (506) 459 4991
Post a Comment